Memorial Day Closing

All campuses of Hazard Community & Technical College will be closed on Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day.

Transfer Information

Your HCTC degree will transfer into a bachelor degree at Kentucky colleges and universities, as well as, to out-of-state colleges and universities. The Career and Transfer Counselor will be glad to work with you to prepare an academic plan, assist with applications for admissions and ensure a successful transfer to finish your education.

For assistance with transfer please contact:

Helen F. Brunty
Career and Transfer Counselor
University Center of the Mountains
One Community College Drive
Hazard, KY 41701
Office location: 152-JCC in the University Center of the Mountains
606-487-3077 or
1-800-246-7521, Ext. 73077

Preparing for Transfer

Transferring to a four-year school can seem like a mysterious process, but it is really quite simple. It actually mirrors the application process to HCTC. For general information about transferring to Kentucky schools, consult the Council on Postsecondary Education's Transfer Handbook.

Related Links that may assist your transfer planning:


green background with bright colored arrows moving in different directions with View Our Transfer Brochure in white lettering