Student Resource Center
A college education is an excellent investment in your future. A degree, diploma, or certificate will pay off throughout your career in higher salaries, better professional opportunities, and personal satisfaction. HCTC helps you make smart investments of your time and resources by providing a comprehensive Student Resource Center.
Services within the Student Resource Center includes:
- Advising - for entering students and students who are undecided about their major. Students
with declared majors are assigned an advisor based on their major and home campus.
Contact Bobby Collins for more information.
- Career Exploration - assess your skills and interests to determine the program of
study best suited to you. Make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss your
results. Contact Helen Brunty for more information.
- Disability services - all disability services are accommodated through this office. Contact Julie Caudill-Clark for more information.
- Diversity services for students - assists underrepresented students adjusting to the student experience and achieving
their academic goals.
- Testing services - COMPASS testing and proctored testing for online classes, as well as Pearson Vue and other specialized testing.
For more information, contact one of our instructional specialists:
We offer tutoring in a variety of subjects, computers for student use, and a convenient
place to study. For more information, contact one of our instructional specialists:
Laura Brashear: 606-487-3129
Richard Ramsey: 606-487-3340
We have instructional labs available at the following locations:
Jolly Classroom Center Room 108 and 236
Phone: (800) 246-7521, ext. 73129 OR 73223
Hours vary each semester. Call for more information
Lees College Campus
Telford Computer Center, First Floor
Phone: (800) 246-7521, ext. 73340
Hours vary each semester. Call for more information.
Have questions? We are here to help!
Come visit us at one of the locations and times listed below.
Hazard Campus, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
First Federal Center, Room 105 (606) 487-3031
Lees Campus, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Jackson Hall, Room 114, (606) 666-7521, ext.73044