TUESDAY NIGHT LIVE EVENING CLASSES
Tuesday Night Live (TNL) is an HCTC program designed to help busy, working adults be successful in college.
- The program begins with hybrid classes that meet one night a week only. A mixture of hybrid and online classes provide flexibility while still allowing classroom connections.
- Eight-week formats allow students to focus on just two classes at a time but still have a full time
schedule. : (Note that some classes alternate in-seat Tuesday evening meetings, so
the class runs over the course of 16 weeks, but these courses would meet face-to-face
only 8 times during the regular semester.)
- Students testing at different levels attend the same classes in English and mathematics so they can quickly master the material with individualized
instruction. TNL works for students who have just graduated high school or for those
who have been out of classes for many years.
- Student services offices stay open late on Tuesday nights. Students who have conflicts during normal
business hours can get the help they need in the evening.
- (Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, continued DELTA variants, and overall concern for health
and safety, the children’s programming will be suspended for Fall 2021.) Children’s
programming provides tutoring, homework assistance and STEM learning experiences to
children of adult students at HCTC so finding childcare is not an issue.
- Supportive mentoring relationships are fostered by hybrid classes, lab time with instructors, and shared
healthy meals that are provided as part of the program.
- TNL classes lead to several HCTC degrees. Some are completely online, while others may require attending day-time classes after the first year. The schedule can be customized for students interested in degree pathways other than those listed.
Contact one of the following for any questions you may have.
Dr. Ella Strong
Dr. Deronda Mobelini
Medical Information Technology
Health Information Technology
Computer & Information Technologies
Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
Emergency Medical Services
Associate in Arts or Sciences (may also be completed online)
CADD/ Surveying Diploma (in-person after 1 semester)