Hazard Community and Technical College students, faculty, staff and community may
request books, copies of journal and magazine articles, etc. which are not available
at the HCTC Libraries.
Before submitting an ILL request, discuss your information need with a member of the
library staff. A variety of print and electronic resources are available and staff
can assist you with selecting appropriate materials.
For Books and Audiovisuals
Check the KCTCS catalog
For Journal and Magazines
Go to Catalogs and Databases. Select from the list of available databases. Click on the full-text icon when conducting
How Do I Request Books, Articles
- Print item information from the catalog or database pages. Type or write your name,
address, phone number and email address along with information about the book or article
including the author, title, publication date etc. A separate form is needed for each
- It is your responsibility to check with the Circulation Desk to see if the item has
- Items must be returned on or before the due date to the Circulation Desk.
- Renewals are made at the discretion of the lending institution. Loan periods are typically
4 weeks. Please allow sufficient time for a renewal request to be processed.
- Books, journal or magazine articles and audiovisuals not available at HCTC Libraries
can be ordered.
- 5 requests per student per week will be processed.
- Requests will be accepted via telephone and email. To process an interlibrary loan
request the title, author, publication information , etc. will be required.
- Textbook titles, reserve and duplicate items may be requested if titles have been
backordered, or at the request of faculty to provide student access. These requests
may not be filled due to the lending library s policies or availability.
- Entire issues of a journal will not be requested.
Request a Book
Request a Journal or Magazine Article
When Will the Item Arrive
Allow at least two (2) weeks for delivery. You will be notified by email or phone
when the item is available. It is your responsibility to check with the Circulation
Desk to see if the item has arrived. The return date will be stamped on the book and
will vary depending on lending library s policies.
Materials ten (10) days overdue are declared LOST, and patrons are declared delinquent
for the replacement cost of the materials.
If you have any additional questions regarding off campus delivery contact the HCTC
Libraries at the following:
Toll Free: (800) 246-7521
Stephens Library: 606-436-5721, ext. 73145
Lees College Campus Library: 606-666-7521, ext. 73553