Technical Program Students
If there are items from the Bookstore you need that are not available on our website, you will be able to come to the Bookstore in Hazard to get those items during normal business hours. Contact the Bookstore at 606-436-1091 for more information.
TO ORDER BOOKS ONLINE
Your books will ship to your home address via UPS. Follow the instructions below to order online.
Make sure you have your class schedule. You will need your student ID number and course information.
Go to the HCTC Online Bookstore
Change the college to HCTC by clicking CHANGE at the top of the screen, select Hazard Community and Technical College from the drop down list of schools. Click Save Store.
- Scroll down and click on Search Now in the Course Materials Concierge banner.
- You will need to select Hazard Community and Technical College from the drop-down
menu in the blue banner.
- MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE EXACT COURSE FROM YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE! Not all classes or
campuses use the same books.
- Select the correct Term, Department, Course #, and Section.
- Click Retrieve Materials.
- Add your required textbooks and materials by clicking Add To Cart.
- Click on Proceed To Cart once you have added all your textbooks and materials to your
- Review your items and click on Proceed To Checkout.
- It is recommended that you create an account. Click on Create Account and enter the
required information to create an account. Continuing as a guest may lead to delays
with your order if incorrect information was entered.
- If you choose to Pick Up your items, enter any additional contact information required
by the system. Click Continue. Enter your Pickup Information. Click Continue.
- If you choose to ship your items, enter your shipping information, choose your preferred
shipping method (prices will vary depending on the option chosen), Click Continue.
- You may use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Barnes and Noble Gift Card, or Financial
Aid to pay for your purchases. TEXTBOOK RENTALS REQUIRE A MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD.
- If you wish to use financial aid, click Internal Provider, enter your Student ID Number,
then Apply SFA Funds. Then click Proceed To Checkout
- Review your order for accuracy. Check your textbooks and materials, shipping address or pickup location, shipping method or pickup method, and payment method. Then, click on Place Order
You will receive an email confirmation number of your order.
For Customer Service, email SM074@bncollege.com or call 606-436-1091. Include your Name, Order #, and Phone number in your email.
If you are taking classes that are offered at campuses other than Hazard, you will follow the directions above, except select KCTCS Distance Learning as your campus. Except for WIA, VOC, VET students. You will need to email SM074@bncollege.com your Name, Student ID#, phone number, and the class you’re taking and the program you are on (i.e. WIA, VOC, VET) so that we can get those books ordered and billed to the proper account for you
Hazard Community and Technical College Bookstore is affiliated with Barnes and Noble. You can purchase your textbooks in person on the Hazard Campus or from our online bookstore. You can also contact the bookstore by phone at (606) 436-1091. concerning any questions you may have. The Bookstore is dedicated to providing your entire textbook and reference book needs. Our inventory includes but is not limited to textbooks, supplies, graduation accessories, nursing uniforms, and HCTC clothing and apparel.
Normal Bookstore Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Book Charge Period
Each semester students receiving financial assistance are eligible to charge books at the bookstore to their account if they have funds remaining after tuition is deducted from the awarded amount.
Two Quick Tips
- Always bring in your schedule when it's time to purchase books. Instructors for internet class sections will use different texts; we want you to get the right book the first time.
- Purchasing with financial aid? You must have a valid photo ID.
If the bookstore is using the book again for the upcoming semester, we will buy that book for 50% of the purchase price. This event occurs every semester during the week of finals. Stop by the bookstore and let us give you cash for your textbooks!
If you choose to rent a book, you will need a major credit card for security purposes. However, financial aid can be used to pay for those rentals.
The book is due back during Finals Week. Textbooks can be written or highlighted in. When returning your textbook rentals, be sure there is no water damage or missing pages. You will be charged a replacement/damage fee if the textbook has missing pages or water damage.
Penny Francis, Manager
Acceptable Modes of Payment
All major credit/debit cards and financial aid are accepted. Cash is accepted for in-store purchases.