Tuition & Costs
|Tuition Category||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|In-State Students||$179/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: From Contiguous Counties*||$358/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: Other Out-of-State Students||$627/credit hour|
|Online-Only Courses+ (all students):||$179/credit hour|
|Mandatory Fee** (all students):||$8/credit hour|
|Distance Learner Fee***||$20/credit hour|
What's With the ***?
The first * is for contiguous counties. Contiguous counties are those which border Kentucky. Students from these counties pay a special tuition rate. Students from Reciprocity Counties pay in-state tuition.
Next, the ** is the KCTCS BuildSmart Investment for Kentucky Competitiveness fee.
Then *** is the distance learner fee. You'll pay this fee if you have classes with online portions, like Learn on Demand or Learn by term. Don't worry, 'hybrid' classes don't pay this fee.
+For students who are enrolled in online-only courses, the tuition is the same regardless of your residency. Other fees, such as the mandatory fee and distance learning fee still apply.
A full list of charges and fees is available.
To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.
- Pay in full through Student Self Service, https://students.kctcs.edu
- Sign up for an automatic payment plan through Student Self Service,
- Defer tuition/fees to financial aid, if Somerset Community College has verified your eligibility for federal student financial aid
- Submit a Third Party Billing Authorization to the Third Party Coordinator, or
- Submit verification of an outside scholarship to cover tuition and fees to the Scholarship Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office.
NOTE: If students decide not to attend their classes, it is their responsibility to drop them. Students are responsible for the payment of tuition and fees for all courses not dropped during the first 100% refund period (See Academic Calendar), regardless of whether or not the student chooses to attend the class. If you decide not to attend, please do not rely on the "registration cancellation for non-payment" process as a way to drop your classes.