As a student financial aid consumer you have the right to:
- Information about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available,
and renewal requirements as well as about HCTC s academic programs and policies.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your financial
aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy
- Request a review of decisions made by the HCTC Financial Aid Office. A letter or email
(from a KCTCS account) discussing your situation in detail and the decision you wish
to have reviewed should be submitted in writing to the Vice President of Student Services,
Hazard Community & Technical College, One Community College Drive, Hazard, KY 41701.
You have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other
financial aid agencies by email and/or letter. Keep copies of all forms and materials
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Request personal assistance if you have questions or do not understand the information
provided to you.
- Budget and manage your financial aid funds. Learn more at http://www.cashcourse.org/.