Military & Veterans
JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to HCTC and start building a better future.
Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:
- Submit your application for admission. Which application you use depends on your benefits:
- Apply for your GI Bill® Benefits. Visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) website to learn about the various GI Bill® Programs and which are best for you.
- Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
- Request your Joint Services Transcript (JST). Air Force veterans and service members should request their transcript from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). See Military Training Credit for more information about how credit is awarded for military education and experience.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing.
- Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military.
We also offers scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.
*If you are a current service member, speak with you Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within your Military Service. They can help you get the process started. We look forward to seeing you at HCTC!
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.
Questions? Contact us. We’re here for you, every step of the way.