Welcome New Students
Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance to Hazard Community and Technical College. We are thrilled that you will be joining our family!
As a new student at HCTC, you are bound to have questions. New Student Orientation is designed around you, helping to uncover the answers to the questions you have, and providing you information about campus resources, programs and services. By the time you complete orientation, you'll be on your way to becoming a successful HCTC student.
You will learn a lot about HCTC at New Student Orientation. The program is an opportunity for you to learn how to navigate your HCTC journey on the right path. At New Student Orientation you will find out more about:
- Your schedule of classes
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Clubs and Organizations
- Student Account Activation
- And many other campus resources!
All HCTC degree-seeking students must attend the New Student Orientation either in person or online.
To Access ONLINE New Student Orientation:
- Follow this link to Blackboard
- Login using your KCTCS Username (ie, jsmith0004) and password
- Click on My eCommunity tab (2nd tab at the top)
- On the left side of the screen type New Student in the Organization Search box.
- Click Go
- Select HCTC NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION