Whether you’re a high school student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
Submit the Application for Admission. It's free, and only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
- Bring in or order your official high school transcript from your guidance counselor, board of education or online at parchment.com. Note: Make sure it has your graduation date on it.
- Bring in or order your GED Transcript at request.ged.ky.gov.
- Don't forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges. For example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school. All college transcripts must be sent directly from that college to HCTC via mail or electronic transcript service at getmytranscript.com or parchment.com.
In order to accommodate prospective students who cannot take a placement test, HCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement for Summer 2020 through Summer 2021. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online.
- You can request SAT scores online.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores. You can request your AP scores online.
To register for classes visit our Enrollment Services Center located in the First Federal Center on the Hazard Campus located just off South Highway 15 to meet with one of our academic staff advisors in person; or contact the Admissions Office at 606-487-3293 to be connected remotely with a staff advisor.
At present, we are only offering an online orientation.
Apply for financial aide. Scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable. Get more details on how to pay for college.
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!