Forge Your Way Forward
Forge Your Way Forward: HCTC Student Debt Relief Program
The Forge Your Way Forward: HCTC Student Debt Relief Program is designed to assist students who have previously attended HCTC, did not graduate, have a past due balance and want to enroll at HCTC to finish their degree. Prior debt will be paid upon application approval and completion of the program requirements. If your application is approved, you will be notified by HCTC Business Office via e-mail, and prior debt will be paid upon completion of program requirements.
- Students who have not attended HCTC for one semester.
- Students who have a debt with Hazard Community & Technical College. Please note that students may not use this debt relief program at other institutions.
- Students who have not earned a diploma/degree.
- Students who have completed a FAFSA for the current year with HCTC as the selected
- Students who meet all financial aid student and account balance requirements.
- Register for a minimum of six credit hours (or whatever SAP approves) until credential
- Limit coursework to only those courses required for
- Earn a minimum of a “C” grade in each course.
- Must meet standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Students who do not
meet SAP may submit an appeal
- Students are required to take 6 hours of classes and all classes need to be with HCTC.
- Meet monthly with a success coach.
- Attend required tutoring sessions or other support sessions if recommended by instructor, coach, or advisor.
Balances with HCTC are paid in full after one successful semester of maintaining a “C” in each course enrolled and student must enroll for the following term unless a degree has been completed.
Complete the Application to get started.
In The Meantime:
Complete the two forms below to expedite your admissions process.