HCTCs Beth Pennington chosen for KCTCS Presidents Leadership Seminar
HCTC s Beth Pennington is one of the 17 faculty and staff members throughout the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) chosen to participate in President Michael B. McCall s eleventh annual President's Leadership Seminar (PLS).
Mrs. Pennington, director of counseling and Title III coordinator, noted, It s been a tremendous experience getting to meet the community college leaders. The support shown by Dr. McCall is phenomenal. This experience will definitely will increase my skill set and my ability to help students succeed at Hazard Community and Technical College.
This leadership experience enhances Mrs. Pennington s work on her doctorate degree from Morehead State University in Administrative Leadership. She will graduate in May 2013.
Guest speakers scheduled for the KCTCS seminar included: Dr. George Boggs, president and CEO of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC); Dr. Donald Cameron, president of Guilford Technical Community; Dr. Jeff Hockaday; Dr. Nat Irvin, Strickler executive in residence and professor of management at the College of Business at the University of Louisville; Robert Joyce, a lawyer and specialist in higher education law; Dr. John Edward Roueche, professor and director of the Community College Leadership Program at The University of Texas at Austin; Dr. W. Robert Sullins, dean of Undergraduate Studies at the University of South Florida; Dr. Jerry Sue Thornton, president of Cuyahoga Community College; Dr. Pamila Fisher, facilitator for AACC s Future Leaders Institute; Dr. George Vaughan, president emeritus of Piedmont Virginia Community College; Dr. Gregory Williams, president of Odessa College; Dr. P. Anthony Zeiss, president of Central Piedmont Community College; and Tom Zawacki, chair of the KCTCS Board of Regents.
This annual leadership program offers select faculty and staff a unique experience to learn from the top community college experts in the nation. It is designed to not only enhance their skills, but to also create strong KCTCS leadership for the future, said Dr. McCall.
The 2010-2011 President's Leadership class includes by college:
Ashland Community and Technical College (ACTC):
- Sarah Diamond Burroway, director of grants and contracts
Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC):
- Toufic Saad, professor
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC):
- Yasemin K. Congleton, assistant professor of Biology and Biology coordinator
- Benjamin James Worth, assistant dean of Distance Learning; professor of English
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC):
- Kristine Wood, director of Human Resources
Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC):
- Amber Decker, director of grants and contracts
Hazard Community and Technical College (HCTC):
- Beth Ann Pennington, director of counseling, Title III grant coordinator
Henderson Community College (HCC):
- Rebecca B. Emerson, director of counseling/advising coach
Hopkinsville Community College (HCC):
- Yvette Eastham, chief institutional advancement officer and executive director of HCC Foundation Inc.
Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC):
- Carlous B. Yates, recruiter/Admissions advisor
Madisonville Community College (MCC):
- James Howard Bowles, director of Cultural Diversity
Maysville Community and Technical College (MCTC):
- Angela Fultz, division chair of Math, Science and Agriculture division
Owensboro Community and Technical College (OCTC):
- Lorna Hollowell, director of Cultural Diversity
Somerset Community College (SCC):
- Ronald L. Meade, Physical Therapist assistant program director and associate professor
Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKCTC):
- Stephen G. Sturgill, campus director
- Billie D. Hardin, assistant to the System president for the Board Resource Center
- Kimberly Barger Haydon, director of Student Administration, System Support and Operations