Personal Safety Requirements - Student/Employees
Email the Healthy @ Work Officer, Vickie Combs at Vickie.Combs@kctcs.edu to report any incidents of positive COVID cases or exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- HCTC has a mandatory mask mandate. Everyone must wear an acceptable mask when inside the HCTC facilities.
- The mask should cover your nose and mouth.
- Masks are available at the entrance of each HCTC building should you need one.
- If you are outside and 6 feet apart, you may remove the mask.
- If you are eating, you may remove your mask but should put it back on as soon as you are finished eating.
- If you have a medical issue related to mask wearing, contact the Healthy @ Work Officer, Vickie Combs at Vickie.Combs@kctcs.edu
- Gloves are not required, however for your safety, you should wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer after each equipment use.
- Frequently touched surfaces and areas (e.g., doorknobs, credit card machines, shared computers) should be sanitized regularly.
- Each occupied space will have on hand cleaning and disinfecting supplies.
Social Distancing - 3 feet vs 6 feet
- The 3-foot social distancing requirement applies in classrooms where the room is set up with desks or tables and chairs in a forward-facing position.
- The 6-foot social distancing requirement applies in classrooms that are NOT arranged in a forward-facing layout.
- The 6-foot requirement should be adhered to as much as possible in common areas such as hallways, offices, etc.
- The Technical Campus buildings are being misted every night due to the large number of in-person students on that campus.
- Offices or workspaces on other campuses are being misted and cleaned if notified that was an infected person in or near the area.
- Air purifiers are on site and set up in high traffic areas on multiple campuses.