Associate in Science | HCTC

Associate in Science

AS degree transferring to a University for continued education in studies such as Biology, Engineering, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Med, Pre-Vet

Program Contact
Dell Sasser
Program Coordinator
(606) 487-3559
GET STARTED TODAY (855) 646-4282


what is an associate in science

The Associate in Science degree is designed for transfer to college and university baccalaureate programs. You'll take a series of courses in different disciplines (which are often termed "the basics") that will assist you in determining a future major, career path, and/or area of concentration. HCTC offers those basic courses which make transfer to colleges and universities a smooth process while also supporting you to achieve an AS degree.

You should note that certain baccalaureate programs may have specific pre-major requirements. Therefore, you'll need to work closely with an HCTC counselor or academic advisor to develop an academic plan and determine best-fit courses.

Transfer Universities

Program Shadowing or Class Tours

Schedule Now

Getting Started

What are my degree, diploma, and certificate options

How Do I Pay For This?

What Else Do I Need to Know?

Length of Program

You can earn an Associate in Arts degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.

Request Information