Get Your 4-Free Nursing Degree at HCTC!
There are just 4 pre-requisites and 4 easy steps between YOU and YOUR nursing degree! AND with the help of scholarships, you could do it all for FREE!*
- Complete your FASFA and fill out your HCTC Application
- Complete these FOUR pre-requisite classes (Only 4!)
- MAT 146
- PSY 110
- BIO 137
- NAA 100
- ATTEND a Nursing Pre-Admissions Conference & APPLY to the nursing program
- Apply for SCHOLARSHIPS—including the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship—that may cover the full tuition for your entire nursing degree!
*The Registered Nursing (RN) program at HCTC is a selective admissions program so when you apply, you should select Associate in Arts until you have met all requirements for the RN program and have been accepted. Acceptance to the program is required. Get detailed information on the Registered Nursing Program page.
4-Free Nursing at HCTC does not guarantee free tuition to students, rather is a pathway to the possibility of a tuition-free nursing degree. Scholarships and financial aid may cover the cost of pre-requisites, and scholarships are available that offer up to four semesters free in the RN program for qualifying applicants. Books and fees are not covered by some scholarship opportunities, including the Work Ready Scholarship. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at 606-487-3293 or email Hazard-Admissions@kctcs.edu.
Are you a high school interested in becoming a registered nurse? Most High Schools and Area Technology Centers (ATCs) in the HCTC Service Area (Breathitt, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Owsley, Perry, and Wolfe counties) offer classes with Dual Credit and Work Ready High School Scholarships. In total, high school students could take up to 12 courses, and many of these are the pre-requisites needed for Nursing. There are many benefits to taking dual credit courses in high school.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 . . .to sign up for dual credit
- Complete a Free admissions application
- Complete the online registration or request forms from you high school dual credit representative.
- Please provide all materials and a copy of you high school transcript to the office of dual credit.
Contact Jama Griffie, Dual Credit Coordinator: 606-487-3203, for questions about dual credit