Eligibility for Skills U Services
- The GED testing regulation, 785 KAR 1:130 Section 4, requires examinees to be certified
as test ready.
This certification is granted at a local adult education center after the examinee
is determined to be test ready.
All GED examinees HAVE to be certified through an adult education center.
- Eligible students for Adult Education and GED are those who live or work in Kentucky
-have attained 16 years of age
-are not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under state law
-lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills to enable them to function effectively
-do not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent or have not
achieved an equivalent level of education or- are unable to speak, read or write the
- Individuals age 16-18 must provide official documentation of withdrawal from school
-if the student withdrew from school within the current semester and the student
still resides in the school district:
Official documentation of withdrawal is needed from the local school district
- If the individual withdrew from school in or before the previous semester and student
still resides within school district:
-official documentation of withdrawal from the previous semester is needed from the
local school district or
-an official statement that the student did not enroll in the semester following
withdrawal is needed from the local school district
- If the student is no longer a resident within the school district he/she withdrew
-official documentation of withdrawal is needed from the school district in which
the student withdrew or
-an official statement confirming that the student did not enroll in school is needed
from the local school district in which the student currently resides
- If the student was withdrawn to be home schooled and is no longer being home schooled:
-the home school must provide written notification to the school district in which
the student currently resides that the student is no longer being home schooled. The
date of the notification constitutes official withdrawal.