Physical Therapist Assistance Conferences
Anyone who is interested in a career as a Physical Therapist Assistant is invited
to attend any of the following pre-admission conferences to learn more. The conferences
are offered by Hazard Community & Technical College and Southeast Kentucky Community
& Technical College. The Physical Therapist Assistant Regional Program Pre-Admission
Conferences will be:
- Tuesday, Oct. 16, 1 p.m. Bailey-Stumbo Building; Thursday, Oct. 18, 5 p.m., room 128
of the SKCTC-Whitesburg Campus, Belinda Mason Building
- Thursday, Nov. 8, noon, room 220, HCTC Allied Health Center at the Bailey- Stumbo
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 1 p.m., room 312, HCTC Leslie County Center
- Thursday, Nov. 15, 11 a.m., room 103 of the SKCTC-Whitesburg Campus, Belinda Mason
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019, 11 a.m., room 218, Bailey-Stumbo Building
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 4 p.m. room 128, SKCTC-Whitesburg Campus, Belinda Mason Building.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019, 11 a.m., room 223, Big Sandy CTC-Prestonsburg Campus-PSEC
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2 p.m., room 218, Bailey-Stumbo Building
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 3 p.m., room 103, SKCTC-Whitesburg Campus, Belinda Mason Building.
- Monday, March 4, 10 a.m., room 214, Bailey-Stumbo Building.
The Bailey-Stumbo Building is located beside the Hazard ARH Hospital.
A pre-admission conference is a group conference for the purpose of providing information. Students who attend a conference prior to April 1, 2019, will be considered for the Physical Therapist Assistant Regional Program, pending completion of all admission requirements.
The agenda for these conferences includes discussion of the PTA Regional Program admission process, PTA Regional Program requirements, Accreditation status, and an overview of the profession. All prospective PTA Regional Program applicants are required to attend ONE of the pre-admission conferences listed above prior to April 1, 2019 in order to be considered for admission into the fall 2019 Class.
For additional information, please contact Tracy L. Bowling at (606) 487-3379, or Terri Fields, Program Assistant, at (606) 487-3394.