KCTCS has an important message regarding the KY.GOV online payment processing system used when scheduling a Nurse Aide State Exam online. Beginning August 1, 2022, all credit card payments will be processed immediately at the time of scheduling a state exam. There will no longer be a delay in payment processing of 5 days prior to the scheduled exam date.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
WHAT IS A NURSE AIDE?
A Nurse Aide provides direct care for patients in multiple settings under the direction of an LPN or an RN. Nurse Aides roles include providing for hygiene, comfort, exercise, safety as well as observing and reporting patient/client conditions. Often Nurse Aides provide emotional support to clients as well as families during a healthcare encounter.
WHAT ARE MY CAREER CHOICES?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Long term care facilities
- Home Care Agencies
What are my certificate options?
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.
- If you are not a current student, then you will need to enroll in the college
- If you are a current student, then you can enroll by signing into your Student Self Service
- 2 Step Skin TB Tests or recent Chest X Ray
- Hepatitis B Vaccination or Declination
- Self-Query on the Abuse Registry
- NAA 100 classes are offered throughout the year. Search availability at the following campuses: Hazard Technical Campus, Lees College Campus, and Wolfe County Board of Education Annex.
Some clinical sites require COVID vaccinations and may have possible exemptions/waivers depending on the clinical site. Classes are available throughout the year. Please check the class schedule. Students can enroll in either class to prepare for going into the Nursing Program.
- NAA 100 (3.0 credit hours, 75 contact hours, doesn’t include CPR)
- KMA 100 (5.0 credit hours, 105 contact hours, doesn’t include CPR, pre-requisite: MNA 100 or NAA 100)
To be listed on the State Nurse Aide Registry, a student must take the state written examination and skill competency evaluation upon successfully completing a nurse aide course.
Students are eligible to take the state certification exam for one year from the date they completed their training.
- KNAT state testing will be at the Technical Campus, 101 Vo-Tech Lane, Hazard, Kentucky, 41701
- Testing fees are $115.00 and non-refundable.
- To schedule your exam, contact your Training Center.
- All test applicants must present a valid government picture ID (Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport) and a social security card on the date of the test.
- NO LAMINATED SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED