Accelerating Opportunity Kentucky
The Accelerating Opportunity initiative is a new approach to teaching by mixing career training with additional support for math, writing, and reading inside and outside the classroom. This student first approach will give participants the skills they need to succeed in school and compete in the workforce by also matching students with a success coach and a career coach. The success coach helps participants fill in college paperwork, provides support, and develops plans for students to meet their goals, tracks participants progress and makes referrals as needed. The career coach conducts a skills assessment, assists with resume writing, job search activities, training services, career counseling, and provides job referrals.
The goals of Accelerating Opportunity are to:
- Identify and remove barriers that prevent adults from entering and completing their education
- Allow adults to earn stackable credentials that bear academic credit
- Work with business community to ensure students are getting the skills they need in the workplace
- Implement worker-friendly, flexible programs that provide clear and relevant educational opportunities that result in a job with family sustaining wages
- Build sustainable programs so more adults can get the education they need that will help them get a job with family sustaining wages
- Diploma - Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Degree - Associate in Applied Science Clinical Laboratory Technician.
Short Term Career Pathways and Certificates:
- Welding Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Nurse Aide/Allied Health
- Collision Repair
- Contruction Technology
- Human Services
- Medical Information Technology
For more information on the Accelerating Opportunity Program contact Lucy Langdon at 487-3577.