Student Ambassador Program
The mission of the HCTC President s Student Ambassadors is to promote the strategic plan of Hazard Community and Technical College through a leadership and service organization that embodies diversity and engages the unique talents of HCTC students in support of institutional advancement.
The President s Student Ambassadors consists of a small group of students dedicated to working closely with Admissions, Advancement and the Office of the President representing HCTC in a variety of capacities. Students will serve as an exemplary role model for our student body, college and community through various service learning projects. By becoming a Student Ambassador, students are signifying their willingness to serve HCTC and support the goals and mission of our college while having fun at the same time.
All members of the President s Student Ambassador Program are responsible for assisting with determined college activities and services. Activities vary and some are mandatory while others activities are volunteer and arranged around students schedules. Each Student Ambassador commits to one full year of service which includes three hours of service activities per month. There is also a program meeting once a month that is mandatory to attend. Examples of activities include:
- High school visits (Road Shows and ATC visits)
- Career, College and Job Fairs
- Follow Up contact with Prospective Students
- Campus tours
- Registration assistance
- Assist with new student advising and orientations
- Assist with recruiting events
- Ceremonial/Social events
- Assist with student clubs
- Search Committees
- Social Events community club meetings
- Board meetings
- Appear in college promotional materials
- Assist with social media
- Currently enrolled at HCTC as a full-time or part-time student
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Enthusiasm and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of HCTC
- Involvement on campus
- Desire to represent HCTC
- Required attendance at least one leadership seminar per semester.
- Required to lead one community service project per year.
- Participation in a minimum of 5 college sponsored events per semester.
- Required to participate in 2 recuritment events per semester.
- Required to attend a one day training session.
Those who serve as HCTC President s Student Ambassador receive many benefits for their service to the college.
- Leadership opportunities
- A resume building experience
- A complementary polo shirt, t-shirt and official college name tag
- Certificate of appreciation signed by the college president
To become a student ambassador, a student must:
- Complete and submit an application
- Submit two reference letters (This can be an employer, teacher, coach, etc.)
- Participate in the interview process
If you have questions or comments in reference to HCTC President s Student Ambassador Program please contact: Delcie Combs, Assistant to the President, via email or call 606-487-3100.