Student Resources- Academic and Student Services Information | HCTC

Student Resources- Academic and Student Services Information

Phone Numbers


Any students who have questions about online learning and technology may access the Online Learning Support Classroom. The classroom will be available on Tuesdays and Fridays, 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 7:00-9:00 p.m. Students may also contact the HCTC Online Learning team using the following email:

Questions related to Classes and Classwork 

How do I access my class that was in-person? 

You should have received an email from your instructor with instructions on what you will be doing the next week or two.  Instructors are using a variety of distance technologies to provide instruction.  This likely will come through on your KCTCS email. 

What if I do not have a computer or internet at home? 

If you have a smart phone, much of the content is available on the KCTCS APP.  If you have challenges finding somewhere that has a computer and/or internet, please let your instructor know.  We have an unstaffed lab at the Hazard Campus, the Technical Campus and the Lees College campuses for students to use.  There is also WIFI available in the parking lots near the campuses. 

What if I need extra help? 

Email your instructor for help.  We also have online tutoring available or you can call or email Laura Brashear at 606 487-3129 or email at 

What about my lab or clinical classes? 

We have moved what instruction we can online.  Depending on when we come back, some lab and clinical time may need to be extended.   

Should I register for summer and/or fall? 

Yes, you advisor is available via phone or email to help you select and register your summer and/or fall classes. 

What if I need to print? 

While the campus computer labs are available with printing, we are working with faculty and getting information out on alternatives to printing and scanning. 

Questions Related to Student Services 

Will moving classes online affect my financial aid? 

No, it will not have any effect on your financial aid.  Currently, though, all other financial aid regulations, such as SAP, are still in effect.   

If you have any questions about your financial aid, please call the HCTC Financial Aid Office at 606-487-3080 or email Alicia Baker at

Will we have the graduation ceremony? 

We are still assessing the situation right now.  If the graduation ceremony needs to be postponed, we will hold it at a future date so our graduates and their families can celebrate their accomplishments.  Watch your student email in April for any announcements about graduation. 

How can I get a transcript? 

Go to  That is the National Student Clearinghouse.  Your request will be sent electronically.   

You can also request transcripts from many other colleges and universities, if you need to have a transcript sent from a former school to HCTC.  Just indicate that you want the transcript sent to the Hazard Community and Technical College Records Office. 

What if I want to drop a class? 

First, talk to your instructor!  Everyone realizes these are extraordinary times and your instructor will do everything possible to help you be successful in your class. 

If you feel you still need to drop your class, use the online withdrawal process.  Click on the link below and scroll down to Withdrawal Process.  It will walk you through the process.  If you still have any questions, call Libby Peters, Registrar, at 606-487-3087 or email her at 

What if I want to schedule a proctored test? 

As you know, the Testing Center is closed for in-person testing right now.  But if you want to schedule a proctored test to be administered after we return, call 606-487-3406 or email Dana Werstler at  

What if I have a disability or need accommodations? 

If you need accommodations or an adjustment in your accommodations due to changes in class delivery, call 606-487-73486 or email Julie Caudill-Clark, Manager of Disability Services, at

What if I am a dual credit student and have any questions? 

Dual credit students can always call 606-487-3203 or email Jama Griffie at

What if I am an incoming student? 

If you are an incoming student and have any questions about the status of your application, call 606-487-3293 or email one of the Admissions Advisors below.  If you need to complete placement testing, do not worry.  As soon as the Testing Center opens, you will be able to complete your placement testing.  If you need to have an official transcript sent from another institution, go to and request it to be sent to the HCTC Records Office.  If you are ready to register, we have advisors available to help you register for summer and/or fall.  (See below,) 

Admissions Email Addresses: 

Tammy Duff – 

Julie Williams – 

Scott Gross –  

What if I am an incoming student and I am ready to register for classes?   

If you are an incoming student and you are ready to register for classes, email one of the people below.  They can help you register for summer and/or fall classes.   

Bobby Collins at  

Bryan Combs at 

Questions for Business Services

How do I make a credit card payment online?

You can make credit card payments online towards your balance by logging in to your Student Self-Service and navigating to your Student Center or you can contact the Business Services Offices at 606-487-3185 (Hazard Campus) or 606-487-3404 (Lees College Campus).

For step-by-step instructions click on link below.

Whom do I contact if?

  • I have questions about a hold on my account.

Contact Hazard Business Services Office (606-487-3185) or e-mail if you have any questions about our account.

  • My account has been turned over to the Department of Revenue (DOR).

Contact Hazard Business Services Office (606-487-3185) or e-mail if your account has been turned over to DOR.

  • I need to change my refund status.

To change your refund status call BankMoble (1-866-629-4368) or for further assistance you can call Hazard Business Services Office (606-487-3185) or e-mail  

  • I have refund issues or have not received my refund.

If you have refund issues or have not received your refund call Hazard Business Services Office (606-487-3185) or Lees Business Services Office (606-487-3404).

  • I have question about third party payments.

If you have questions about third party payments call Hazard Business Services Office (606-487-3185) or Lees Business Services Office (606-487-3404).

What if I have other questions? 

The Go KCTCS! Student Service Center is available 24 hours a day.  If you have other questions, call (855)-6GO-HCTC or visit  

The TLC is your one-stop shop to find information and assistance for all the systems and solutions you use every day. From Blackboard eLearning tips and training, to Student Self Service best practices, to help with Microsoft Office 365 tools.

Training & Learning Center (TLC)

Comcast (1-800-934-6489):
o Discounting data limits
o No disconnect or late fees
o News, Information and Educational Content on X1 and Flex

Charter (1-844-488-839):
o Free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students, who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription, at any service level up to 100 MBPS. Install fees waived.
o For eligible low-income households without school-aged children, Charter continues to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, a low-cost broadband program delivering speeds of 30 Mbps.

AT&T (1-800-288-2020):
o Suspending terminations and late fees for nonpayment
o Unlimited data for consumer home internet wireline customers and fixed wireless internet customers

The Federal Communications Commission has an agreement which states that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots for increased accessibility to the internet. More Information

Please visit the following websites for the latest details on how to sign-up and leverage these services.

  • Response: Cox Communications offers a range of services and packages for the next 60 days (for ex, free access to over 650,000 Wi-Fi hot spots; residential customers in the company’s Starter, StraightUp Internet and Connect2Compete packages will be automatically upgraded to speeds of 50 Mbps).

  • Response: Comcast offers free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time. Visit Free Internet offer for 2 months- Visit 

  • Response: At&T offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families. 

  • Response: Thereare no special offers, but Verizon is following the FCC agreement. 

  • Response: Sprint is following the FCC agreement and will provide unlimited data to existing customers. Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, Sprint will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge. 

  • Response: T-Mobile is following the FCC agreement and providing unlimited data to existing customers. It will soon allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.