High School Dual Credit Student
Hazard Community and Technical College (HCTC) offers a Dual Credit program in partnership between the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE). This program provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credits while completing their high school requirements. If you are a high school junior or senior, you can enroll in selected college courses.
- Gives you a step ahead into college life and the skills needed to succeed.
- Lowers the cost of your overall college education.
- Reduces the amount of time it takes to complete a college degree after high school.
- Increases student matriculation from high school to college.
- Enhances college and career readiness.
- All Dual Credit Students will be assessed a tuition cost of $56.00 per credit hour (1/3 HCTC tuition rate)
- Students receiving the Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship will be reported to the KHEAA by their local high school or district. To find out more about the Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship Program visit their website at http://educationcabinet.ky.gov/Pages/DualCredit.aspx
Want to learn more about exploring a career? Visit our Career Services Page and take career assessments that will help you decide on a career that is perfect for you.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 . . .
2. Complete the online registration link below or request forms from your high school dual credit representative.
3. Please provide all materials and a copy of your high school transcript to the office of dual credit.
Contact Jama Griffie, Dual Credit Coordinator: 606-487-3203.