Provide information, assistance, and support to all institutional units in the assessment of outcomes. Assist with institutional effectiveness and strategic planning initiatives through continuous enhancement of institutional activities and priorities.
- Create a college-wide culture of assessment.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive assessment plan using industry standards.
- Identify and utilize best practices in assessment.
- Provide continuous review of all assessment processes and make recommendations to each unit as needed.
- Offer assessment-related Professional Development activities for faculty and staff.
What is Assessment?
Assessment is the systematic process of determining educational outcomes, gathering, using and analyzing information about student learning outcomes to continuously improve the quality of learning and teaching, as well as all other institutional processes.
- All educational programs should conduct annual formative and summative assessments of student learning and services.
- All administrative and educational support service units should conduct annual formative and summative assessment of their functions, operations, and services.
Types of Assessment
- Assessment and Outcomes Tutorial
- Unit Assessments
- Course Assessments
- Survey Assessment Findings
Melissa Vermillion, Assessment Coordinator
Hazard Community and Technical College
1 Community College Drive
Hazard, Kentucky 41701