HCTC Build Smart

Hazard Community and Technical College: Intergenerational Center

Buildsmart: Investment For Our Competitiveness

Over a decade ago, HCTC committed to enter into a capital projects fundraising campaign to privately raise funds needed to go to the Kentucky State Legislature to request the additional funds to build the Intergenerational Training Center on the Lees College Campus. Although the planning and design phase was completed, due to severe economic struggles, the state was unable to fund the construction of this project. Now HCTC, through the KCTCS BuildSmart initiative, has the opportunity to achieve the community's goal of planning and construction of this Intergenerational Center. The original budget has been reduced and the facility design has changed, but HCTC's commitment to this project on the Lees College Campus has remained as the top priority in our capital budget request recommendation by the college's President and Board of Directors.

The BuildSmart proposal will allow the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) to use agency bonds for the first time ever to fund 16 much-needed capital projects throughout KCTCS. Under the BuildSmart plan and General Assembly authorized KCTCS to sell its own agency bonds to pay for building/planning projects at each KCTCS college. Each college is required to fund the project through student fees and local community funds. Student fees will pay for 75% of the project and the remaining 25% is to be raised in the local community. SInce our students are paying 75% of the cost of this project we can and we should not let them down. We need your support to build the Intergenerational Center. As of Dec 2015 HCTC has Meet their BuildSmart Goal.     

Donate

Investing In The Future

We must work together to meet this challenge. With your help, HCTC will be able to leverage the funding that will allow the college to meet the needs of our students and our regions' workforce for decades to come.

Ways To Give

Outright Gifts
Gifts of cash, appreciated securities (shares of stock or mutual funds), or other property. These gifts provide immediate financial assistance.

Pledges
A pledge is a formal Declaration of Intent to make a gift to Hazard Community and Technical College's Intergenerational Training Center. Donors may choose to make a pledge for a three to five year term.

Gifts In Honor, Gifts In Memory
Gifts may be made in honor or in memory of a loved one or special person.